What's new

2D Printing

indesign

Alibre Super User
I know this thread is suppose to be dead but where else would we discuss this stuff.

Anyhow I wanted to bring to life the cause of printing 2D with some standard options like any other CAD program would have. I am a little annoyed but will refrain from the rant as I do love Alibre.

There are many options I would like to see here but after several work arounds I have one thing that just needs to be done by Alibre.

I need paper size output options! When printing Alibre defaults to the standard sheet size of 8.5 x 11 instead of the size I need. (I almost never print to 8.5 x 11) AC saves the printing prefs for each drawing in it's own dialog and allows fully defined settings. All I am asking is to be able to set the output page size and save it! PLEASE!!!!

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
Amen to that, Brother Tim! If the template I've created is, say, a B-size sheet, it should translate over into the Printing Preferences.

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having, but let me offer my experience.
We used to have a Xerox copier here which had 11x17 (B) capability. When I would print a B-size to it I'd get a B-size out.
We've recently changed to a Panasonic DP-C266 and I've got to go into the printer settings every time to change sheet size. I've talked to our people about this and have not found a way as yet to pass the size info from Alibre to the Panasonic.
I miss that old Xerox :cry:.

-----edit-----------
You know how things you say "never will happen", happen immediately after you say,"That'll never happen," ?
Well I just solved my problem with the Panasonic paper size. I installed the PostScript driver and it solved the problem.

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
Perfect solution, Dennis! For whatever reason, my default printer was set for the non-PS driver.

I'm okay now-- well I'm not okay, but the printer issue's resolved. :mrgreen:

indesign

Alibre Super User
I installed and set the PS driver. Set the printer defaults. Did everything I could find.

No matter what I do the preferences go back to 8.5 X 11 output from Alibre 2D. MS Word will use the defaults set in the printer no matter what page size I set it to (it will print to the default I predefined or match page size if I set it that way) so there must be something I am not doing. What could it be! :?

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Tim - Every driver interface is different (the PS and PCL drivers for our Panasonic looks totally different from each other), but the thing that I had luck with was to set the printer Properties > Paper Source to Automatically Select. Also in the Alibre Print dialog, do not choose "Scale to Fit" or it will scale it to an A-size.
Hope this helps.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Tried all of the setting as you have and they did not work. Using a Canon IR 3300 and with my luck it may just not work. But I will keep trying more combinations of settings in the hope I will eventual stumble across one that works. :roll: