What's new

2nd Question

rmcard

Ever since installing Autodesk Revit as a trial version last year I have been having an annoying problem whenever I try accessing Alibre's Help from the menu pulldown. Alibre Help does come up but as soon as I click on Alibre Help the Windows installer also pops up wanting to re-install revit.

It would not be too big of a problem if the revit install process would just immediately shut down when I click cancel but no, of course it doesn't.

It says that it is canceling, but it hangs there in perpetuity. I end up having to Ctl-Alt-Del into task manager to shut it down.

I know it's not really an Alibre problem, just seeing if anyone has any ideas. I am doing a *revit*.exe search in my file manager right now to see if I can find/delete the install file but not sure if I'll be successful.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
WARNING: If you have never used Windows "RegEdit" program I would *strongly* suggest that you not try it on a good hard drive.
You can *really* muck up a perfectly running computer with just one click of the mouse.

That being said, I really think your Revit problem could be entry/entries in the registry. RegEdit is just that: an editor for the registry.
And the registry is a whole lot of gobbledygook. There are other programs that will work with you as if you were a normal human and
*clean* the registry for you without having to hold your breath for an hour.

Try Googling "Windows Registry Cleaner" and see what pops up. And Good Luck.

Alexander

Ever since installing Autodesk Revit as a trial version last year I have been having an annoying problem whenever I try accessing Alibre's Help from the menu pulldown. Alibre Help does come up but as soon as I click on Alibre Help the Windows installer also pops up wanting to re-install revit.

It would not be too big of a problem if the revit install process would just immediately shut down when I click cancel but no, of course it doesn't.

It says that it is canceling, but it hangs there in perpetuity. I end up having to Ctl-Alt-Del into task manager to shut it down.

I know it's not really an Alibre problem, just seeing if anyone has any ideas. I am doing a *revit*.exe search in my file manager right now to see if I can find/delete the install file but not sure if I'll be successful.

I have the exact same problem, it also happens when I use the help in Simwise Motion. Strange....

iwanttoslot

I use REVO uninstall to remove programs from my PC. it cleans out registry entries and left over files and folders. Has been a very successful experience.