What's new

3d newbie question

rgl

I am new to solid modeling so please bear with me. I cannot figure out how to do a sweep. I am trying to make a simple u shaped rod. I know I have to draw a circle then a path for it to follow. How do I draw a path perpendicular to the center of the circle? Step by step would be helpful if someone has the time.

Are there any tutorials step by step available online?
Thanks

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Have a look at the attached part. Right click and edit on the sketches and feature to see what going on. Good luck!

Attachments

• Sweep.AD_PRT
    584 KB · Views: 57

rgl

That's what I'm looking for but I can't figure out how you got there from start to finish.

kev h

Hi

You need to create 2 seperate sketches one with the path and one with the cross section then do the sweep operation using them both in the dialogue.

(ignore the warning of sketch not being closed for the path and having all sketches viewable helps too)

Cheers Kev 8)

dlaery

Alibre Super User
In Design Explorer right click on Sketch 1 and select "edit", there you can see to draw the 1 st sketch. then in the workspace right click and unselect "Activate 2d sketch", then right click on "Sketch 2" and select edit and this will show you the path of the sweep. then Right click on workspace and unselect "Activate 2d sketch", then right click on "Sweep" and you can see where the 2 sketches were put to create the sweep.