What's new

64 bit add-ons, is there a comrehensive list?

bobster

Is there a list somewhere, pehaps on this forum, of what add-ons are compatible with 64 bit Alibre instalations on a system running Win 7 Home Premium? I would consider upgrading Win 7 to 'Ultimate" if that buys me some additional compatibility.

Also is there a roadmap, that at least provides some target dates, indicating when we might hope to get the 64 bit versions of the part library, motion, cam and FEA?
BTW;
The Machinist toolbox installs and seems to run OK.
The Enginee'rs Tool Box installs but will not run. I tried the compatiblility mode, still no luck. (Vista, I don't think XP works in my version of Win 7)

I'm using vesion 2011 64 bit and so far finding it robust and working well, this is encouraging me to seek the full load of add-ons rather than reverting to a 32 bit install.

Too bad Alibre didn't follow the Adobe route and allow simulteneous installs of both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, like PS CS5 allows.

beastro

bobster said:
The Enginee'rs Tool Box installs but will not run. I tried the compatiblility mode, still no luck. (Vista, I don't think XP works in my version of Win 7)

I never got ETBX to run on WIN7 32bit. Support said they would look into it but never did... :?:
It works fine on XP though

Berthold

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Probably something to do with ETBX being an old version - it was updated quite a long time ago, but Alibre didn't pass on the update. I presume the price wanted by the ETBX people for the update didn't fit with what Alibre was prepared to pay.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Correct - they wanted about a 10x + increase in royalties for every updated license from what was originally discussed. To give it to people on maintenance meant that our entire maintenance fee would have been taken up with an update to ETBX, which wasn't in the cards.

bobster

OK, that's understandable. I can live without ETBX.
I am looking forward to the FEM Designer, I hope we see that and also Motion in Q1.
I'm guessing there will be cost involved when FEM becomes available, any idea what the pricing options will be?