What's new

8.2 & AT Radeon 9800XT - Pixellated display

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
8.2 & AT Radeon 9800XT - Pixellated display

I've loaded Alibre 8.2 on my home PC with ATI radeon 9800 XT and am getting an extremely pixellated display. Anybody else gotten something like this?

I'm running 1600x1200, 16-bit, on a Dell 2001FP LCD display and have had this problem before with Alibre 8, but could get around it by turning off hardware acceleration and/or changing the acceleration settings in the video driver. None of that has worked thus far, nor did changing the display resolution to 1024x768. I've upgraded to the latest ATI Catalyst drivers as well and looked for more recent drivers from Dell.

I've just tried to post a jpeg in the Binaries section, but it looks like that didn't take. I'll try again in a few minutes.

Mike

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

My longstanding problem with this blasted ATI Radeon 9800 XT video card seems to be a thing of the past now - I just upgraded the PC to an NVidia 6800 GT OC card. All the display problems (including some in Windows itself) seem to be a thing of the past.

I'm not sure if it was corrupted ATI drivers, a flaky card or a setting screwed up some where but I think this is the last ATI card I'll ever buy.

Mike

Mike,

Does your 6800 GT have any issues with displaying hidden lines in drawings? I have a GeForce 5500 and it creates a bunch of artifacts in the drawing window if I have any view with hidden lines turned on. Dimensions disappear, and images (titleblock logo, etc.) get shifted so that they overlap the drawing window and the toolbar. The modeling views are fine.

I've been contemplating a different card, but don't want to spend the money and find that I have the same problems. Thanks for sharing your experience.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

Hi Gareth,

Not so far, but I've only checked a few drawings. If something turns up, I'll post a description.

I use an older Nvidia card at work and have no problems with that whatsoever in the past year or so.

Mike