What's new

A Glorious 4th of July to All in the USA!!

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Ok... wrong of me - Romans of course :)

But as there are no Romans alive today Italians are the closest thing to it since they have Rome for themselves ;) Hm... do they call themselves Romans in Rome?

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Hehe... I've just spent the last 3 days in a Roman Catholic monastery here in U.K. Interesting experience it was too...

Apologies for the diversion to your thread Kugel....

Hope all in U.S. had a great 4th July.

MikeB

Re:

mtauer said:
Mike:

Where was that picture taken from in the Tetons? (OK let me guess, Mount Rendezvous) I worked in Yellowstone for two summers and did ALOT of backpacking in the Yellowstone/Teton region including climbing Middle and South Teton. I have to agree with you about the Tetons, I absolutely love them. :D They look flat (like a painting) from Moose, but backpack into them 12 miles and its another world. I miss them a great deal living out east.

This post is a very cool side-bar

Happy belated fourth!

Mark

Mark,
We rode the tram up to the top at Teton Village. Not sure what the name of the peak is. Man, I bet that was a great job! I would love to backpack the interior of Yellowstone. They tell me there is some pretty cool stuff out there that no one ever sees unless you backpack.

Have you ever had the chance to do any of the AT since you have been out east?

mtauer

Thats the peak. I started one of my most memorable backpacking trips off that tram(into the valley behind you in the picture). After seeing your photo I dug through alot of my old pix this weekend. thanks for depressing me :D :wink:
Ive been too busy raising young children to do any of the AT since I have been back.

You see less than 10% of Yellowstone from the bike or car.

Mark

swertel

Alibre Super User

Avatars -- because many people post obscene or otherwise distastefull pictures as there Avatars. I, for example, would only post a picture of Homer Simpson, thus ruining the professional mood of this forum.

Also, by adding personal pictures, you internet security/privacy goes way down and the bandwidth goes way up. There is a whole list of pro and con reasons that were looked at before the decision to block Avatars was made.