What's new

A new user with a few questions

john targell

A new user with a few questions

Hello, I like this software, and seem to be doing OK with the tutorials but wondered how to: -

a. make my own drawing templates

b. make dimensions appear in part sketches - I can set the dimension but the number doen't appear!

c. make the planes disappear on screen

Any help would be appreciated
thanks
JT

jemmej

a. make my own drawing templates

Help Contents/Working with Drawings/Drawing Templets/Custom Templets

b. make dimensions appear in part sketches - I can set the dimension but the number doen't appear!

Not sure about this one. Sometimes my screen goes a little funky. If I minimize and maximize, it often resets any GUI problems. Other than that, make sure you have your screen set to the recommended settings (1024x768, 16-bit color) and see if that helps.

Help Contents/Setting Up a Workspace/Hide or Show Reference Geometry

I don't know if you looked through the help files or not, but they are pretty easy to navigate and should contain the answers to any general questions such as 'a' and 'c' above. I hope I've been able to help!

Jim

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hi,

About the dimension number not showing, go to your screen color settings (right click on your desktop). Windows default is 32 bit. Bring it down to 16 bit. Dimension numbers will show right away. :wink:

Welcome! :D

rbrian

Re: A new user with a few questions

john targell said:
Hello, I like this software, and seem to be doing OK with the tutorials but wondered how to: ...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JT
John - Select 'References' from the workspace 'View' Menu, you will note a submenu pops out to the right - and a shortcut - 'Ctrl'+Shift+P' - select that to turn off all the items - then come back to this menu and select what you want to show - 1 by 1!

If you want to see some extra Alibre Design Tutorials - click Here!
For a quick view of what I have posted that has been created in Alibre Design - click Here! Robert