What's new

A "simple" lofting problem (2)

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi all Alibre enthusiast!
I need know if it is feasible to do a simple loft whith the latest AD. I have ADV23 but it is not feasible for myself.
I like make the loft with guide Curves between a planar 2D Sketch and a curved face of the bow.
Here is the brief part that show my issue.
1671400511534.png
Thanks very much in advance
GIOV

Attachments

• Bow-R1ADV22.AD_PRT
    282.5 KB · Views: 7

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Answer to lofting problem 1
You are right you cant adjust planes angles or position, thy are defined of the guide curve, what ether its a 3D or a 2D curve.

Attachments

• Lofting - exsamle (2).AD_PRT
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Stefan,
Thank for you solution but is a particular one. I do like know if is feasible apply loft with guide curve in this case.
Thanks again!
GIOV

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hi Giovani,

i'm not shure what you expect as a result and i assume you are not on V26, i append an STL-file so you can check the geometry if it is what you will get...

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• Bow-R1ADV22.zip
    297.7 KB · Views: 5

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Giovani,

i'm not shure what you expect as a result and i assume you are not on V26, i append an STL-file so you can check the geometry if it is what you will get...
Hi Stefan,
It is not particular design, is the concept of the feasibility of Apply Loft with Guide Curves from no planar face to the 2D Sketch. Some guide curve may be a spline one.
Thanks!!

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Stefan,
My model was made in Alibre/Geomagic Design V2014.
I only need to be with Guide Curves to change the Side Sheers edges lines and Upper and Down Chine Edges Lines.
Thanks for your interest!
GIOV

Attachments

• Bow GIOV-ADV14.AD_PRT
    446.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: