although this version will not run

AlibreDesign_setup_x64_18.0.3.18413

have gone back to

AlibreDesign_setup_x64_18.0.3.18412

Sorry did not copy the error.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
....413 was the final 're-launch' build. Working fine for lots of people already.

iwanttoslot

I have re-installed buid 413 so I can post the error.

at com.alibre.design.server.DesignSession..ctor(DesignSessionFactory sessionFactory, UserContext userContext, IEngineeringSession parentSession, Int32 replicationFlags)
at com.alibre.design.server.DesignSessionFactory.newEmptyPartSession(UserContext userContext, Profile userProfile, String defaultName, Boolean isSheetMetal, IEngineeringSession parentSession)
at com.alibre.design.client.DesignContext.setEmptyPart(String defaultName, Boolean isSheetMetal)
at com.alibre.app.ClientShell.OpenEmptyPart.onRun()
at com.alibre.app.ClientShell.ThreadWorker.Run()

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Did that show up at launch, when trying a particular operation, or ...?

Not immediately obvious what triggered this.

Did you do an 'update install' to ...413, or uninstall ...412 first ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
As David is getting at, please try a full uninstall / reinstall. When installing a new sub build (412->413) Alibre Design does not trigger a full uninstall/reinstall and instead does a silent upgrade. This is not a "production" scenario in that regular folks who aren't in the beta will always see a full uninstall/reinstall process.

We should have been more clear on this, sorry. Please let us know if that clears it up.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I was just asking for context. I have 2 machines here - one did 'upgrade install' from 412 to 413, the other had uninstall of Geomagic -> install of Alibre ...413. Both are working fine as far as I can tell so far (Win10 by the way).

When I do an uninstall, I tend to do some 'housekeeping' - deleting empty folders, running a registry cleaner to remove redundant keys. Then re-boot before installing. These shouldn't normally be necessary, but stuff does sometimes crop up.

JST

Alibre Super User
Licensing thru 3DSys was a joke...... and not a funny one.

According to them I am still using design elements, and have never paid any maintenance......

Of course, I have several years of receipts that say differently.

I tried to get that straightened out, but apparently it did not happen.

I am not trying any new version until I am sure that the records show that I am paid up etc........ I can just see being left with NOTHING for a while, with customers cussing me out.

UPDATE:

I should mention that this problem seems to have now been cleared by the new Alibre folks..... So I think all is as it should be.

iwanttoslot

Sorry for lack of information

Here is a bit more.
I did an update not full instalation.
The update ran with no problem
When i click on an icon or select new from menue or try to open a file that is when the error occurs

I am going to do an uninstall and full install now and will get back to you what happens.

Malcolm

bemfarmer

Downloaded new Alibre.
Printed old email with License numbers.
Deactivated 2 (or was it 3) licenses. Was told that all 3 were for some other computer.
I had 3 uses of old Alibre, 2 seats GD, with only one showing maintenance paid up thru Dec 2017.
(One screen showed 1 license, 2 seats, another screen showed 1 license, 2 or 3 "seats.")
Uninstalled GD.
Installed new Alibre.
License would not be activated until after reboot of Windows 7.
Success!

Previously purchased Dynamics (/"motion") is apparently no longer authorized.
The Dynamics FAQ's seemed vague, talking about July 2 maintenance, requesting Alibre contact with Dynamics company???
I would like a coherent explanation of the options to retain Dynamics. Requesting Dynamics explanation.

- Brian

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Brian - contact Alibre support, they will request you to provide some basic information (including whether you have been using Dynamics or Simulate). The information is passed on to DST who will contact you directly with download and licence details for Dynamics/Simulate.

Those who use Dynamics or Simulate, but didn't have active maintenance on the cut of date must purchase directly from DST.

bemfarmer

Thank you DavidJ
(I'm not sure I want Dynamics, or not, having not used it these last few years :)
- Brian

Edit: The price of the DST products is way to much for my potential useage, so it is a no-go :-(

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Edit: The price of the DST products is way to much for my potential useage, so it is a no-go :-(

Assuming you have access to DST products now as part of your Geomagic license:
  • - If you had active maintenance as of July 2, 2017 you get the new version of DST products that are compatible with AD2017 for free. You just need to tell us you want it before August 31, and we'll pass along your info to DST, who will reach out and give it to you.
    - If you were not on maintenance as of that date, you do not need to buy a license of DST, you would just need to pay maintenance to DST, which is much less than a license. I think it's around $400, but you would need to ask them.

If you have never had a Geomagic product that came with DST products and do want them
  • - You would need to contact DST and buy a license from DST.

dwc

Alibre Super User
I removed GD and installed the new AD early access without problems.
Now I see that it only works when I am online, otherwise it claims an activation error. :(
Don

EDIT:
I reinstalled GD and all is OK again, also offline.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yes - because the early access code is a cloud network licence - your own GD licence code does not need internet every time, just once a month.

wildwood58

I just uninstalled GM, yay !!!
And installed and activated Alibre 2017 !!!!
No problems !!!
Able to create a new model and also able to open an old model
Yay !!!

Installed The new key shot ...... after download and install program hangs up trying to open, so I uninstalled my old key shot version 4.64
Uninstalled new version
Re downloaded key shot
Re installed, same result, will not open

I guess I will contact
Hello@alibre.com

wildwood58

By the way , after successfully installing Alibre 2017 ( while online ) I got offline and was able to re-open
Yay !!!