What's new

AD 2011 usage

saco

I am working on a project with Alibre 12.1 and want to change to 2011. Upto now i never was a "early adaptor".
So my question is: is 2011 stable enough to make the switch?
Anyone having experiences?

barrykingwill

I have picked up a scale problem....probably a unit problem when exporting STEPS from AD 2010 which was not in 12,1

My models come into Algor 1/10th of the size.

One could say it leaves Alibre in mm and imports into Algor in cm, however Algor confirms that the units of the imported file are also in mm (as was the case before when working Ver 12.1), but then when you mesh or measure anything, it is 1/10th of the size it should be.

barrykingwill

Yes in the past I found that SAT would export mm to cm, but it appears STEP is doing it too, except Algor is [icking up that the units are mm, whereas they should be cm.

At least with SAT, although there is a unit conversion Algor picks it up automatically.

ASP

due to the short time using 2011 I was not able to see everything what is not working as it should be,
but I'm having some problems using projects created in 12.1 in 2011.
So if you can wait - I would recommend to wait
Maybe there is an 2011.1 in the near future ...

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
ASP said:
due to the short time using 2011 I was not able to see everything what is not working as it should be,
but I'm having some problems using projects created in 12.1 in 2011.
So if you can wait - I would recommend to wait
Maybe there is an 2011.1 in the near future ...

ASP, you're right.

I seem to remember there are 2011.x release to include some fix.
But I doubt the one found after the beta testing is finished is going to be done.
Of course you might catch the last train, if you're having serious issue(s).

(I hope.)