What's new

AD crash

kdevoe

My old computer crashed at work so I had to get a new one with Windos XP (the old one had XP also). The problem I am having is that now AD crashes from time to time. When it does I get a message about "Runtime Error". If I restart AD it will work fine until the next crash. This can happen as often as 4-5 times a day.

The computer is a Dell Vostro 400 with a Intel Core2 Duo processor. It also has 4 gigs. of RAM.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be and how to fix.

Kevin

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Kevin,
I had the same problem some months ago.

I have downloaded the DELL Support CD
After a restart the DELL diagnosis tool noted a defective 1GB RAM modul.
1 of my 4 x 1GB RAM modul was defective.

Dell PC Checkup’s1 troubleshooting and diagnostic tool
Scans and tests your system hardware
Provides automated fixes for common configuration issues
Creates detailed reports that can be used by Dell agents to help resolve any issues quickly

I hope it helps...

kdevoe

Thanks ralf3.

I had the Dell Support Center on my computer and I tried to do the on-line scan to fix problems but it cannot find the webpage. I contacted Dell and was told that the online scan to fix problems is not compatable with the Vostro 400 line yet. ( Why did they install the software???) In the mean time I will just have to keep saving my work and deal with it and hope that V 11 will sovlve the problem.

Kevin

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Kevin,

With the online scan you can not find/recognize some problems.
Please restart and boot only with the service tool/partition (Dos level), then you can find serious hardware problems.
An example: From the Windows level no RAM hardware problems can be found over 512 MB.