What's new

Adding revisions to drawing revision block

concept

Is there an easy way to do this: In SW, you right-click within the description row and select "Add revision". It's not very obvious how this is done.
Thanks!

wazzu83

Not sure that there is an easy way. I created a custom symbols for a "revision block" and "revision text" and inserted them into the upper right hand corner of each my drawing templates. By using a custom symbol, I was able to maintain a consistent appearance across each drawing size without having to re-create each time. It is essentially a table with 4 columns and 1 blank row initially. I add rows as required, by drawing a horizontal line and extending the verticals. Kind of cumbersome, but it works. Knowing what I know now it would've been easier just to use the table function. I think I would use tables if I decide to create new templates. Either way, you are just populating cells with text ... not a data field that ties back to the part or assembly.

I've attached an example C size drawing template for your reference.

Attachments

• Template Example (C).AD_DRW
    274.5 KB · Views: 7

concept

Thanks, Wazzu83. I was hoping there's be an easy way but even if drawing templates take a while to create, in the end it'll be worth it. I don't have to make drawings every day, so it's not that big of a deal.
Dave

Hunter

I make use of a table in my template (also used a custom symbol before) and add a row for a new revision, works fine.

Creating a new template takes a while, but is absolutely worth the effort.