What's new

Additions I would like to see in Alibre

DBC

Here is a list of things I would like to see Alibre developers implement. I know folks will want to offer workarounds and some won't see the point to some or all of these and that is your prerogative, but I have used these in other programs and they are great additions to help with workflow. Every time I create a new model in Alibre I see something that I feel is missing, so I may keep adding to this list as I progress.
  1. The ability to edit sketch plane. This means having the ability to assign a sketch to a different plane. Very helpful when editing.
  2. The ability to select chain. Here one would select a line segment of a sketch, right mouse click and select, "select chain". This picks all linked segments. Great for the times when one is using the offset function, although not just limited to then.
  3. Speaking of offsets, having the offset constrained to the original selection would be very beneficial to keep the whole sketch fully defined and allowing for easier edits.
  4. The ability to snap dimensions to earlier placed dimensions so one can line them up nicely.
  5. The ability to right mouse click in the drawing explorer and click "collapse all". This would be helpful in maintaining a clean working environment.
  6. The ability to set text and dimensions to ALL CAPS. Many work environments require all caps for all drawings. Having the option beats having to type in all caps.
  7. The ability to place text on a curve would be a great asset.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Don,

Can you please insert your personal feature request(s) to the correct position?

Feature-request.png

Other users can then vote for your personal suggestions and you can vote for other suggestions.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
I assume the reason we can't edit sketch planes is because you may have elements of the Sketch constrained to other reference geometry that'd break if you were to move it.

I can't say I've used a lot of other CAD software besides Alibre, but I don't recall ever using anything that had that ability.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I assume the reason we can't edit sketch planes is because you may have elements of the Sketch constrained to other reference geometry that'd break if you were to move it.

I can't say I've used a lot of other CAD software besides Alibre, but I don't recall ever using anything that had that ability.