What's new

Algor Users

fitzbond

Algor Users

Is there anyone that run into this you import an assembly into Algor for analysis but when your model comes in the parts in model are no longer constrained parts are rotated 90 degree for example If go back and check the part in Alibre and can't move them so then I blew all constraints and just achored them down and I get the same result.

Using Algor and Alibre I've found out you have to create two different models one for analysis and the other is the part you are trying to create because Algor doesn't like curve surfaces touching or other things like that so you have to just about a slim down version of your model just to get it to import correctly and both companies point the finger at each other.

Just looking for a work around customer is waiting on me, don't you just hate that :roll:

cherkey

Hello,
Yes, I have noticed that strange things occur when importing into Algor. Alibre stp files seem to import with parts skewed somewhat, but importing an Alibre assembly file seems to work better. Now a weird thing - When doing Fluid Flow analysis, it's required to create an Air model around the part by doing an Boolean subtract of the model within the Air and you have to make sure that the Air (before it's been Boolean subtracted) and the Part have the same origin, otherwise the import into Algor puts them both in a position relative to it's own origin. Did that make sense? :p