What's new

Alibre Changing to Ribbon

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
For me, the ribbon requires to many clicks to get any work done, so I use the toolbar instead. I the past 3 weeks Alirbe has changed my toolbar to ribbon on its own whim at least 5 times!!

So the question is why? How can I lock the toolbar so it does not change to ribbon?

Thanks

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
This shouldn't be happening. It sounds like either you are hiding it and not disabling it or your user profile is corrupted.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
First - as Nate hints - check if you have unchecked 'Use Ribbon' in System Options -> Display -> General, or are you just minimizing the ribbon (arrowhead at extreme right of Ribbon).

I don't know any easy way to 'check' your profile - strange user interface behaviour, or crashing can be indicative of a problem. There is a link to re-set your profile on Utilities tab of Home Window (it'll wipe your settings, but it does make a backup).

You can find the 'User.NET.profile' by clicking the link for 'Log Files Directory' on the Utilities tab of the Home Window. In that directory is a folder with you user name on it, the profile (and backup if created) are held in there.

Don't mess in that folder whilst AD is in use.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
The use ribbon check box is what Alibre is changing at random. It's like it is reseting to defult settings!!!!!