What's new

Alibre confuses some similar parts

Iker Landaluce

Hello to everyone:

I have some times the same problem. When I create a piece based in other one and I include them in a design Alibre confuses that 2 parts.It dosn´t happens al the times I make this operation but is quite common.

For example:
1- Create EXAMPLE_PIECE_01
2- Create EXAMPLE_PIECE_02, created from EXAMPLE_PIECE_01, making some modifications and saving them with a different name
3- Insert both pieces in EXAMPLE_ASSEMBLY_01.

When I make this apears two times the same piece (2 times EXAMPLE_PIECE_01 or 2 times EXAMPLE_PIECE_02), instead 1 time EXAMPLE_PIECE_01 and 1 time EXAMPLE_PIECE_02.

I try to insert the two pieces at the same time, one first and later the other but I always have the same problem.

In adition I have an other problem that I think can have the same origin.

When I make a 2D drawing happens similar. I work creating an assmbly 2D drawing an later adding sheets of the components of the assembly.

For example:
1- Crate a 2D drawing of EXAMPLE_ASSEMBLY_02 (That includes EXAMPLE_PIECE_03 and EXAMPLE_PIECE_04, one based in the other piece, that in the 3D assembly appears OK)
2- Create a BOM for EXAMPLE_ASSEMBLY_02

When I make this recognises EXAMPLE_PIECE_03 as EXAMPLE_PIECE_04 or the opposite. And when I try to create a 2D drawing of the piece that donsn´t appear in the BOM appears the other one.

I hope somone knows the solution to this problem.

Thanks for your help

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you are copying / renaming files outside Alibre. You should never do that. Instead Save As from inside the software.

To fix any current part that was copied/renamed outside Alibre - you should open the part, Save As, then delete the original.

When you open the assembly you may get 'missing part' message or it may open as before with wrong part displayed - in either case use the Replace functionality to substitute your newly saved part (uncheck the option to remove constraints, if replacing from within the assembly).

Iker Landaluce

It sounds like you are copying / renaming files outside Alibre. You should never do that. Instead Save As from inside the software.

To fix any current part that was copied/renamed outside Alibre - you should open the part, Save As, then delete the original.

When you open the assembly you may get 'missing part' message or it may open as before with wrong part displayed - in either case use the Replace functionality to substitute your newly saved part (uncheck the option to remove constraints, if replacing from within the assembly).

Thanks David The problem is solved now. I usually do it as you suggested in the massage, but it seems like this time I didn't do it right :)
I had no idea that making this could cause this kind of problems