What's new

Alibre deleting threads...

UPDATE: I was mistaken. thread was moved, not deleted. Hopefully Alibre can implement a system that alerts users if their threads were moved. This thread can be deleted... I did not see an option to do that....

I posted a thread on this forum yesterday with a few bugs and issues I had. It is no longer viewable so I'm assuming it was deleted. I received no explanation or response from Alibre staff.

So now we know that alibre staff delete threads that make their program look bad. Its one thing to have buggy software that has issues. Its another to try and hide it while simultaneously hindering their own customers. I already would not recommend this program for commercial use since it is too buggy. But it was still a great value for smaller companies or at-home modelers (great value in fact). But if this is how they handle people bringing up issues in their product then I would not recommend Alibre to anyone.

Link to thread (dead link): https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/i...that-impact-ability-to-complete-my-job.20517/

Screen cap of email I received when a user responded to my post is attached. This proves the thread existed.

I expect this post to be deleted shortly so I will most likely cross post this to other forums.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eric,

Check the "Feedback" forum. The thread was moved there as were other threads related to feedback for Alibre Design. There were also some threads moved out of the "General Discussion" to the "Using Alibre Design" forum.

Keeping the forum clean makes it easier for us to review feedback from customers and for customers to find the threads they need that are most relevant.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Attachments

• feedback.JPG
    feedback.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 15
Ok, sorry about that then. Could you put in some system that alerts users if their threads were moved?

Sorry for the overreaction, I was in disbelief of what I thought occurred.

You may delete this thread as it is no longer relevant. Thanks.

JST

Alibre Super User
Good to know.

I gave up and just left the forum, and contact with Alibre, assuming that anything the slightest bit negative was quickly removed *, so no point in bothering with it. That, and having feedback turned into a stupid roasting session, being flamed because of suggesting what some folks decided was a "cheat", but not one that THEY approved of (they having suggested OTHER apparently "more acceptable cheats"). When I decide some company is uninterested, as with Alibre, I WITHHOLD feedback, letting them stew in their own juices, without my help.. I shall have to re-consider that assessment.

* And it WAS "quickly removed, really, but (although I have not checked yet), perhaps only "removed" to an another area.

Yes, the ones I recall are now in "Feedback".... Which it never would have occurred to me to check. I know, from being a moderator, that some popular forum software provides a "moved" message at least as an option. That would be good to use if available, as otherwise it looks like a simple "deletion" of criticism.

Assessment reconsidered, positively.

Last edited:

swertel

Alibre Super User
Yes, the ones I recall are now in "Feedback".... Which it never would have occurred to me to check. I know, from being a moderator, that some popular forum software provides a "moved" message at least as an option. That would be good to use if available, as otherwise it looks like a simple "deletion" of criticism.

Good point. If the software doesn't automatically create a "moved" notice in in the old location, then the moderator should at least send a message to the OP.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
When I move posts, in another forum, I post a message in the thread that I move. That way, everyone who has contributed to the thread is aware of the move via the email alert (assuming they've not disabled it...).

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
There is an option to leave a message about it being moved - I'll make sure to use that moving forward :)

Reactions: JST