What's new

Alibre Design contract services - Requesting or Offering

tomf

I'd like to connect with other Alibre Design professionals in the Dallas - Fort Worth area. There are times when I need help with projects and there are times when I'm available to help others. I'd like to know who is out there. If there is a local user group, please pass on info regarding the next meeting. Thanks, Tom

Tom -- I am not located in the Dallas (Texas, I assume) area, but (A) the projects upon which I work tend to be fairly well defined; and (B) I use GoToMeeting to make location and time zone less of an issue; I have been working this wa (freelance) since the days when a ruling pen and linen were the preferred tools. My actual specialty (which I get to work in on alternate Leap Years) is precision mechanisms. Weird and strange is my "normal." [I am currently developing a vacuum chamber that will be carried by a weather balloon.] As a formally trained tool & die machinist I am familiar with most manufacturing approaches and systems. As somebody who "grew up" under MIL-Q-9858 systems, I find ISO-9000 a PITA rather than a "problem." -- Lew Merrick, PE (tangent@olympus.net)

swertel

Alibre Super User
Alibre used to have something of a B2B microsite. I was member of it, but never got any leads from it. I know that it didn't make the transition to 3D Systems. It might be worth resurrecting.

tomf

Thanks for the replies Lew & Scott. Resurrecting a group might be fun and beneficial. I'll see if any others show an interest. Have a great day!
Thanks,
Tom Fulbright, P.E.
Acuere Technologies
Keller, Texas
www.acuere.com

Andy

I first started using Alibre over ten years ago and our company, www.keencut.co.uk , have made most of its current product range using it. We have now jumped back on board after a couple years of disillusionment while 3D had it. We now find ourselves wanting to march forward with a more concentrated new products program and ideally looking for a freelancer to help us. Our ideal scenario is for it to be someone in the UK so we can occasionally get together but even better if they were near to Corby, Northants.

We are ready to light the touch paper now so if anyone is interested , have a look at the products on our website and if it doesn't scare you, please let me know.

Andy Roberts
Tech.Dir.

EGWDS

I first started using Alibre over ten years ago and our company, www.keencut.co.uk , have made most of its current product range using it. We have now jumped back on board after a couple years of disillusionment while 3D had it. We now find ourselves wanting to march forward with a more concentrated new products program and ideally looking for a freelancer to help us. Our ideal scenario is for it to be someone in the UK so we can occasionally get together but even better if they were near to Corby, Northants.

We are ready to light the touch paper now so if anyone is interested , have a look at the products on our website and if it doesn't scare you, please let me know.

Andy Roberts
Tech.Dir.
Hi Andy,
My name is Errol and I live in Sheffield, England the birthplace of steel. I've been a Contract Design Engineer for about 4 years , I have 20 years
experience "cadding" for various companies. I'm new to Alibre, just bought a pro licence for homework , I spend most of my days using Inventor,
glad to say the work flow is very simular.

EGWDS

Good introduction I think.
Only did the Bronze and Iron ages at school, can't remember a Steel age until the 19th Century ..but what do I know.

EGWDS

They did invent a lot of things, so you might right on that , but not so sure about pure carbon steel.

I have a GoToMeeting account. It can allow real-time on-line meetings with up to 26 participants. I am located in s GMT-7 (until next week when it changes to GMT-8) rime zone. [That means that 1600 to 1700 GMT is about the best start time for me.] Can we decide on a date and time to see what we can establish as a "base" for contract development and sharing?

I will argue that using GMT as the "base time" makes such a discussion simpler.

swertel

Alibre Super User
I will argue that using GMT as the "base time" makes such a discussion simpler.

Especially when I'm GMT-7 and next week, when everyone else in the US falls back an hour, I'll be at GMT-7. I hate when folks, during daylight savings time, schedule meetings at EST. That's an hour different people, pay attention!