What's new

Alibre Design Expert wont start after new computer and Windows 11.

DK-Welder

Hi Everyone,

Been a user for a couple of years now, but after changing out my laptop, and running Windows 11 Pro now.
This error messages keep occuring, when try to make a new part etc.

Translated it basically says:
An unespected error occured. Try Again. If the problem continues, contact Alibre customer support and explain following:
The object reference is not set to an instance of an object

And with details as showed on the print screen.

Is there anybody who can help me out, what i am gonna do from here?
I have tried uninstalled a couple of times, and run it again. But same problem.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2024-01-03 222618.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-01-03 222618.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Skærmbillede 2024-01-03 222653.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-01-03 222653.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 15

Ken226

Alibre Super User
After uninstalling, did you re-download a fresh copy to reinstall? Or did you reinstall from the same installer download?

According to this help article, you should uninstall, then re-download the installer and try again.

DK-Welder

Yep, tried that as well, twice :-(
Maybe i should try install the latest V26 or first V27 and see if that does the trick.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It's been commented elsewhere on the forum to run the installer "as Administrator". That might be worth a try. :confused:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Check that Windows has all updates - particularly
.NET framework (Alibre requires .NET 4.8)
Visual C++ redistributable (x64) (requires at least the 2015-2019 version, later is also acceptable)

Either one missing or damaged will cause problems. If not present when the Alibre installer was ran, these should have been offered by the installer, so maybe there is an issue with one or both.

Microsoft has repair tool for .NET

Visual C++ redistributable (x64) can be uninstalled and downloaded again (from Microsoft).

DK-Welder

Managed to figure it out now.. hep hey :-D

Well, i think the issue is, the V27 dosent contain, og dosent check for Visual C++ installations.

I used .NET repair tools, Checked all Visual C++ packages, and was absolutely fuming.. (Been struggling with this for 1,5 week, and i am quite in a hurry with a project).
Nothing solved the issue.

But..
I installed the V26 version, as a kind of what the hell, either the computer dies under a hammer, or me getting a stroke.
The installer came up with a Visual C++ redistributable (x64) 2010 Service Pack 1 missing, and installed it.
Now everything works.
Upgraded to V27 and then V27 SP 1.

All good now :D

Thanks for the help!