What's new

Alibre motion sequence of movents

jwilde

Alibre motion sequence of movents

I am experimenting with alibre motion. Can anyone tell me how I can make a simulation of a sequence of movements.
For example the movement of putting a key in a lock, first a linear movent and then a rotation.
All I achief are the two movements at the same time.

Thanks in advance for your help

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Hi Jan,

Not easily achievable at the moment, I'm afraid.

Actuation periods, ramping, etc. will come in future versions.

You could, of course, do it in 2 simulations and join them in the AVI file, if you just wanted to illustrate something.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
You fly back to Wisconsin after spending a week in California, see how much work ambition you have :)

48 hours ago I was on the beach in board shorts looking out over the Pacific Ocean. Now I'm sitting next to a space heater wearing blue jeans and a hoodie & listening to the weather guessers talk about the possibility of snow tonight.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
At least you got to leave, I was stuck here (in Wisconsin, middle of state) that whole time.

[edit] And by the way I was typing more for myself when I said
NateLiqGrav said:
Suggested correction: It's Monday and nooooooobody has anything they want to do :lol:
[/edit]

rlee

If you have a LOT of time on your hands and are REALLY desperate, you can stack sinusoidal motions to create more complex motions. I have not tried it in a while, but it worked. I think I used some invisible parts to "stack" the motions. It's really tedious, but interesting.

Or, you could borrow someones seat of SW or IV and do sequential timed moves very easily.

marm37co

rlee:
Where I can use invisible parts to "stack" the motions?
Would you explain me or upload an example of this concept?

Thanks,

Miguel

rlee

Sorry, but I am no longer actively using Alibre since I switched to Inventor. However, if I remember correctly, I created a dummy part either was very small so was not noticable, or was invisible. Then I used it as an intermediate, by mating a moving part to the dummy, and the dummy to the frame. Therefore, I could create two drivers that add to affect one part. The movement of the part was the sum of the two drivers. It's very cumbersome.

If you need to do this sort of thing more than once or twice, you really should consider purchasing one of mid range CAD packages; Most of them, such as Inventor or SW, will do this much more simply, easily and directly, and you can drive any part with whatever timing you want. It will more than pay for itself very rapidly.

marm37co

I understand your point, but in this moment I can't pay other software.

I saw this great animation in your webpage. Do you use various assembly animations and paste all in a video or this assembly have some special tip which you can create the movement in continuous way?

Attachments

• 1003_00012.gif
    1003_00012.gif
    614.1 KB · Views: 1,077

rlee

The animation uses 1 cycle which takes the cup 1/3 of a revolution around the wheel, and 1 position on the conveyor. If you cycle it continuously, it appears as a continuous stream because the end and the beginning frame look identical. Somewhere onthe alibre forum I pasted a chain and sprocked using a similar method. It was a long time ago.

rlee

Correction: the last frame and 1st frame are not identical, but are just one time step apart. If they are identical you get a jerky appearance.