What's new

Alibre no more:

lonniecady

Dabble,
Are you sure LT is free? It is a tech preview and according to the website.

*Once activated, Autodesk Inventor LT Technology Preview 2008 will run until May 1, 2008.

I had played with it a little but with out assembles it isn't worth much. Having parts in one software and assembles in another defeats the purpose. If you update a part the assemble will not update. Price is supposed to be about $999. I think it will be a hard sell with out even a part limited assemble. Supposed to be special pricing or people demoing it now.

Lonnie

Dabble

yes its free I just got an email last week they are adding a few new features and the free 2009 version will realease in may and will still be free :D

Dabble

lonniecady said:
Dabble,
Are you sure LT is free? It is a tech preview and according to the website.

*Once activated, Autodesk Inventor LT Technology Preview 2008 will run until May 1, 2008.

I had played with it a little but with out assembles it isn't worth much. Having parts in one software and assembles in another defeats the purpose. If you update a part the assemble will not update. Price is supposed to be about $999. I think it will be a hard sell with out even a part limited assemble. Supposed to be special pricing or people demoing it now.

Lonnie
Yeah I like it mainly for rendering my alibre models

Dabble

Must of misunderstood the previous version will be gone but new version will be out in may and still free. But dont get me wrong for what I do Alibre is best choice for me and no way would I get the paid version of inventor.

If my job required more intensive modeling than just simple tooling creation and simple machine design maybe it would be worth it. :mrgreen:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Alibre

Understand.
I assume you mean this: :lol:

alibre-inv.jpg