What's new

Alibre Poll

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Alibre Poll

About two years ago I had a poll about enhancement requests in Alibre Design, that time 115 users voted.

I have initiated a new poll and hopefully there will be a lot more users voting this time :) When the votes are drying out I will present the poll and compare that to the poll two years ago...

Click here for the poll:
http://www.alibre.se/alibrevote2005.htm

wfpelletier

Mibe,

This is a worthy effort to gather information, but I personally have trouble responding to polls like this because they don't seem specific enough. For example, these are some functions that I would like to see added to Alibre that I consider very important:

- A function that would allow a user to replace one instance of a part in an assembly with another part. (This other part would probably be a part that was derived from the part being replaced.)

- A 'feature-driven' component pattern in assembly modeling that would enable users to insert a pattern of parts based on a patterned feature in another part. (For example, if a part has a pattern of holes that was created with the 'Hole Wizard', this ' feature driven pattern' function would allow a user to select that hole pattern in an assembly to insert a set of bolts into the holes.)

- The ability to have multiple breaks in a broken view of a long part in a drawing. (Presently, as another user recently pointed out, the 'broken view' function only allows for one break in a view.)

- In drawings, create the tangent lines in the drawing on a dedicated 'tangent lines' layer. This would allow a user to show tangent lines in a different font than visible lines.

I didn't readily see how these enhancement suggestions fit into your poll. (BTW, I did log these enhancement requests using the IR function in the 'Support' page of the Alibre web site.) I still congratulate you for making the effort, however! (It's one more poll that I've ever started here!)

wfpelletier

P.S.: If Alibre did have these enhancements, I would consider using Alibre in place of SolidWorks at my workplace!

Mibe

Alibre Super User

This second poll was generated to compare with the first poll two years ago... It's based upon which of the listed features you would prefer.

I also have a lot of enhancement request and I believe that every user have some ideas as well. A fair poll could be quite big :)

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hi Michael,

I voted from the start. Just so you know I like to support this type of efforts.

Thanks!

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Glad to hear that... I hoped for at least 300 votes, but only 57 so far...

Strange :shock:

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Michael,

I should think that the time to get a lot of votes in a poll is after V9 comes out...

Miles

Mibe

Alibre Super User

I guess... but I wanted to compare this poll to what actually is included in V9 and see if the users have hoped for the right things :)

mrehmus

Re:

--------------------------------
A function that would allow a user to replace one instance of a part in an assembly with another part. (This other part would probably be a part that was derived from the part being replaced.)
----------------------
Amen to that one!
---------------------
- A 'feature-driven' component pattern in assembly modeling that would enable users to insert a pattern of parts based on a patterned feature in another part. (For example, if a part has a pattern of holes that was created with the 'Hole Wizard', this ' feature driven pattern' function would allow a user to select that hole pattern in an assembly to insert a set of bolts into the holes.)
-----------------------
That too!
----------------------------
- The ability to have multiple breaks in a broken view of a long part in a drawing. (Presently, as another user recently pointed out, the 'broken view' function only allows for one break in a view.)
----------------
And it forces you to show the broken parts when all you want is one.

Amen to mrehmus and wfpelletier's posts. I also need to be able to bring part property values into drawing title blocks.

-Bernard