What's new

Alibre takes a loooong time to find a part which is in a pattern.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I have noticed that if I'm working on a large assembly and I try to identify a part that is itself part of a pattern by right-clicking -> show part in explorer' Alibre hangs for several minutes before coming back to life. It usually finds the part but it takes an age to do so.
Anybody else see this?

Edit: In fact, any operation on a pattern object (e.g. insert duplicate) takes forever.

Attachments

• pattern.png
    pattern.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Are you in Legacy mode or using HOOPS? Most of the performance issues I've seen are when using HOOPS, even my Space Navigator will occasionally freeze up while sketching. Legacy mode seems to have solved that issue.

It looks like you also have a display issue in your image. The bolt pattern in the top right corner all have transparent tops. o_O

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Are you in Legacy mode or using HOOPS? Most of the performance issues I've seen are when using HOOPS, even my Space Navigator will occasionally freeze up while sketching. Legacy mode seems to have solved that issue.

It looks like you also have a display issue in your image. The bolt pattern in the top right corner all have transparent tops. o_O
I'm using HOOPS. That transparent bolt pattern was like that even when using 'legacy'. I might have used a downloaded bolt. I'll check it.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I replaced the bolt with a new model and it looks fine now. The original bolt was an imported SAT file.