What's new

alibre viewer??

drbris

I thought that AD had a viewer that could be sent to a customer to view AD files? Was there such a thing and is it still available? or is the pdf export the only way? Seems like AD is charging $150 for atom. If my customer were to buy atom would they be able to open AD files?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
The application turns into a viewer after the 30 day trial. So your customer needs to install Alibre and select the trial option or just don't activate and select the viewer option. There is no separate dedicated viewer. 3D PDF is the other way to go or send them a .STEP file ... plenty of STEP file viewers out there and on mobile devices too.

drbris

So they should install atom or AD?

Then they can view AD files, open sketches to see dimension etc? or do I need to send them step files?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
So they should install atom or AD?
They need to install either the same version as you or higher and the same type of Alibre (i.e. Atom3D, AD Pro AD Expert) as you or better. Files created can only be read by the same or better Alibre.

The viewer lets you do everything apart from creating or saving.

Cator

@simonb65
allow me to slightly correct your information.
Atom allows you to open and edit a file created with Expert (still the same version 25, 24 etc. as you said) as long as no features are used that are not contained in Atom. If this is the case, the file can only be viewed but no changes can be made.
Regards

simonb65

Alibre Super User
@simonb65
allow me to slightly correct your information.
Atom allows you to open and edit a file created with Expert (still the same version 25, 24 etc. as you said) as long as no features are used that are not contained in Atom. If this is the case, the file can only be viewed but no changes can be made.
Regards
Hi @Cator , you are correct, but just so that someone doesn't fall into the trap of trying to open a part/assembly that does contains features the viewer application doesn't support, and all the further unnecessary confusion that would then ensue, I will stick 100% to my recommendations!