What's new

AlibreCAM Basic

Alexander

I did have AlibreCAM 2.0 Basic and it worked within Alibre 2017 but have since lost the installation files. Does anyone have a copy and does it work with Alibre 2018?
Basically I want to produce toolpaths for a CNC wood router, very basic G-Codes. Can anyone suggest any alternative (free) CNC software. It's a hobby project :)

Cheers guys

Alexander

Check with Mecsoft first about your AlibreCAM. Biting my tongue....Fusion360?

Ken

Thanks Ken, I will get in touch with Mecsoft.
Autodesk is simply not an option for me, I have previous experience with them and it cost me a lot of money and my sanity.:mad:

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Today I received an advertisement: Right now Alibre becomes add-on...of MecSoft. I am very disappointing of this.
upload_2018-8-8_17-45-27.png
upload_2018-8-8_17-47-42.png
I

Last edited:

ynnek

Check with Mecsoft first about your AlibreCAM. Biting my tongue....Fusion360?

Ken
I will say, having used both Alibre CAM / Visual CAD/CAM, & Fusion 360, that both are fantastic options. I do not tend to have vendor loyalty, I use the best tool for any given job. CAM being one of them. I really like the CAM module in Fusion. Now supports 4th axis, which I have with Alibre CAM. The 2D tool paths in Fusion rock, & the entire CAM application is very intuitive. But again, I use both. For the better part of a decade I primarily used TurboCAD for all of my 2D & CAM work, other than building feed screws for packaging machines, which I purchased Alibre for. Then the Geomagic thing happened & I moved on to Fusion. After the Geomagic fiasco was over I moved back to Alibre & Alibre CAM. I sill utilize Fusion on occasion, as it is just a tool in the tool box.

Alexander

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I ended up using Estlecam which works great for 2D cnc work on my Router. At the moment I can't justify spending £500 for Alibre CAM. The integration within Alibre would be great though. If I need to upgrade I will probably go for Alibre CAM.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I ended up using Estlecam which works great for 2D cnc work on my Router. At the moment I can't justify spending £500 for Alibre CAM. The integration within Alibre would be great though. If I need to upgrade I will probably go for Alibre CAM.
Does Estlecam works no good in 3D cnc that you must upgrade to Alibre CAM?