What's new

Analyzing and Constraints

TomB

Is a tool available which will look through the list of all assembly constraints and list all components which are one part of a constraint with a named component. In operation I would likbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbe to select a component from the design explorer and then have it produce list of every other component connected to the initial selected component.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but each part in the Assembly Design Explorer has its own list of constraints, which you can expand and review. That is in addition to the full constraints list near the top of the Explorer.

TomB

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but each part in the Assembly Design Explorer has its own list of constraints, which you can expand and review. That is in addition to the full constraints list near the top of the Explorer.
I've been using Alibre for 10 or more years (since before Geomagic) and did not know that list existed. I don't know how many times I've gone down the Design Explorer and 'suspended' every constraint one-by-one until I found the constraint that was preventing me from moving a component to where I then wanted it. Why is something like this not mentioned in the Knowledge Base? Also why, when I've opened the parts constraint list does Alibre block me from using any tools? I click on the individual constraint and the tools list 'Edit, Rename, Suppress, Delete, Status' appears but everything on the list except 'Status' is greyed out. Trying to get back around to where I can edit one of the constraints in the list seems very difficult. But putting that next problem aside, Thank you DavidJ for a spot on suggestion.

TomB

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Tom,

The constraint lists per part were I think added at a revamp of the Design Explorer - I don't believe they've been there forever.

I don't follow your comment about not being able to use the constraint tools - I must be missing something, I often edit constraints from one of the individual lists.

TomB

I found the problem. I had clicked on something that opened an Assembly window but put it on my small laptop display. I work off a auxiliary big display and never noticed the extra window I had opened.