What's new

Anchored parts or assemblies in Design Exploprer

ntar827

Anchored parts or assemblies in Design Exploprer

I keep my Design Explorer column as narrow as possible to maximize my working window. It is not possible to see if a part or assembly is anchored without first expanding the Design Explorer.

It would be nice if anchored parts or assemblies could be indicated by a color or a small symbol in front of the name. Would then be able to see all anchored parts before trying a move or constraint.

Thanks

Nick

siggy

Version 8.0 already does this. A red anchor icon is superimposed over the blue part icon whenever a part is anchord. This is in addition to the wording that is appended to the right of the part name. Take a look at page 218 of the AD 8.0 User's Guide

siggy

As far as I can tell there is only one default behavior/color. Interesting that your installation doesn't do this as I have just tested mine again and seems to work as advertised. Both individual parts and subassemblies in my top level assembly shows the red anchor icon when anchored.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

FWIW, I'm running Alibre Pro 8 and anchored parts show the same symbol on my system that siggy refers.

Mike

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hi,

I've been using AD since V6 and the red anchor has always been there.

No special settings as far as I can tell.

Here you see 3 parts. First and last anchored, middle one not anchored.

Anchor.gif