What's new

Anti-Virus software

kdevoe

Anti-Virus software

Has anyone used Avast Professional 4 anti-virus software on their computer that has Alibre on it? I have to update all the computers at work and am wondering about Avast or any other software that people have used.

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User

I use the Home version at-- well, at home, with no problems. Looking at the web site, Professional adds:
- script checking
- command line interface
- task-based scheduling
- PUSH updates, which means their server pushes the update down to you, not you checking for an update.

I think Avast is a good package, but I've heard that Kapersky is top-of-the-line.

scarr

Trend Micro PC-cillin. I've been running this for several years with every version of Alibre, in both XP and Vista with absolutely no problems. It is the best security suite (anti virus, spyware, spam guard, and information security) I've come across and it is not that expensive. It also pushes updates to you.

indesign

Alibre Super User

Been using the full AVG version with firewall on the company systems and the free AVG antivirus on my home. No issues with either.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Did use AVG, but switched to Avast (home) for all of the home computers. I like the interface with Avast more (it updates everytime you start up on its own). And, when I have done the free on-line scans for Micro PC-cillin and others, they have not found anything that got past Avast. So, it has good protection.