What's new

API and Alibre Support

fiddler

API and Alibre Support

Hi
I contacted Alibre Support a while ago with a request for a simple sample using the API.
Got a reply today as follows:

Thank you for contacting Alibre Customer Support!
Ref: Support incident # 1630439
The API documentation can be found at https://www.alibre.com/support/downloads.aspx . Unfortunately, further training materials are still under developement. You may be able to find additional help from other users on the user forum at http://www.alibre.com/forum.

They have not indicated when any API training material may be available.

So we wait...

Kim :(

modtek

Hello fiddler

I have posted a small VB module (api.zip) in the Binaries.
The module is expected to create a version 7 "stp" file .
Note:
(1)Place a part "p1.ad_prt" in "C:\\api" folder
(2)The module will create "v8.stp" and "v7.stp" files in "C:\\api" folder.

As I have no access to Alibre Design version7 , I can not check if the "v7.stp" opens in version 7.

Hope that this is helpful.

Regards,

modtek

cclark440

Alibre Super User

It has been a while since anyone posted here, but I thought this would be the best place to put my question.

Is there any of the Alibre assistants that can help with API questions. My experience with Assistants and API questions haven't gotten me very far. I have one specific question that I need answered before I can continue with my API project.

I am writing a repository search utility, and I need to search for files by date. There doesn’t seem to be any way to do that right now. :?
I know there HAS to be a way. Can anyone help me out here?

aa68

Alibre Assistants do not support API, but you can find information on our website. Sign in and go to the Support tab, then Downloads on the left. Under Documentation, you will find "Alibre Design API Help Documents."

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Those documents are nine months old... when will the new tutorials show up? This is a big issue for a lot of users but the priority seems a bit low on this...or?

cclark440

Alibre Super User

Assistant,
Thanks for the reply, but I have those documents. My problem is that I have searched them many times and can not find the information I am looking for.
I guess I will just give up until there is more support for the API.