What's new

API App for x64 with VisualStudio2010 Express VB.NET

TimoCAD

Hi Folks,

is there a way to write an AddOn with VS2010Express VB.NET (Seems to work only for x86...?)?

I'm a bit confused, cause every time I want to Debug/Compile it throws an exception which says it's the wrong processor, My App has x86 and I use GeomagicDesign2014/x64.

So what should I do!? Thanks for info and help.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I've got a standalone app (x64) working with the API on GD 2014 64bit. I've not got to the embedded AddOn stage yet, but make sure that your project is set to x64 build and referencing the .NET 4.5 framework. Also reference the AlibreX.dll direct not the COM or .NET library, both of these gave me bad results!

TimoCAD

Hey Simon, I use VisualStudio2010 Express.

It doesn't Seen to be possible to Switch the Projekts to 64Bit.

Which Solution do you use for Programming?

PPi

The problem is that Visual Studio Express 2010 does not include a 64 bit compiler. There seems to be a workaround, but I haven't tried this myself as I have Visual Studio Pro. Try intructions on this page. Further instruction pages comes up with Google search.

Hope this helps

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Visual Studio Express DOES include a x64 bit compiler. In fact It was only last friday that I looked up how to change it to x86 as x64 won't support editing while debugging.

PPi

albie0803 said:
Visual Studio Express DOES include a x64 bit compiler. In fact It was only last friday that I looked up how to change it to x86 as x64 won't support editing while debugging.
Maybe I have missed something in here then but hopefully Timo reports his results back to us. And if I recall correct even on Visual Studio Professional you can't edit x64 application when debugging. Instead you have to do like you said, switch to x86 and do your tricks there (and then you need your other possible libraries to be x86 also, of course). I may be wrong though as I don't do that much of Windows programming but embedded development. This is just how I recall things.

TimoCAD

Sorry, just busy we are moving. Bought a nice little house. :)

But I have to say I can't get it to work with VisualStudio-VB.NET-Express-2010.

I have attached a picture. What I wanted to program is a simple "PDM-Explorer" for Geomagic Design, with the possibility to search for Parts and Assemblies, Versioning (Copy, Move and Rename Files into an archive).

Is someone out there who wants to have a "simple to use PDM-Add-On" or even wants to program it himself?

Greetings, Timo

Attachments

• x64-fault.PNG
    x64-fault.PNG
    132.6 KB · Views: 64