What's new

Applying decals -Merged

I'm a new user of Hypershot. I've had a lot of trouble adding a decal to the model.
I have unchecked the "repeat" box and still end up with more than (1) copy.
Please help!

QD 8)

Attachments

• FlangedJoint.jpg
    FlangedJoint.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 237

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Re: Decal

Can you post a screen capture of the Material Properties window? There are so many different material types that this would be the easiest way for you to assist us in helping you.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Re: Applying decals

I just tried it with a similar settings and the same happened. It looks like it is actually applied through the part in the the directions of projection. The only thing I can think of to do would be to make a thin part that goes in the place you want to apply the decal. That way it won't "project through". I hope that in the future versions they include a way to add as many individual decals as you want to any surface. Also a way to rotate textures on a per face basis.

Re: Applying decals

Thanks for the info. I assumed that since the decal was applied as a texture, that it would only affect the surface.
I see how it went through the model to the other side, but I guess I still don't understand why it would place more than one copy.
Maybe they can fix the problem and issue an new version. In the mean time, I will try your idea of a thin piece on which to place the decal.

Thanks again!

QD 8)

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi QD,

For now you can also export your part in Google SketchUp (*.skp) -> assign layers to different surfaces and open/import with HyperShot.
Now you can assign to each surface different materials / textures/ decals.
Here is a screenshot with a decal:

Attachments

• Decal.jpg
    Decal.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 232