What's new

Assembly Constraint Error >>SOLVED<<

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I am having a problem with constraints. The first picture is perfect. Then I added boolean (subtract) with a threaded inserts tool. The result was all the constraints became unconstraint. So I tried to redo the constraints but it does not constrain properly (as shown in the screenshot with error message).

I have included a package file of this assembly.
Good Constrainets.jpgBad Constrainets.jpgBoolen Unsurpressed.jpgAssembly Constraint Error.jpg

So what am I doing wrong? The constraints are good with the boolean suppressed and bad with the boolean unsuppressed. Yes, I have rebuilt it serval times from the ground up with the same results every time.

Attachments

• PCB Mounting Frame V4 ASM.AD_PKG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think Support needs to take a look at this one. I was able to reapply the constraints between the mounting frame and upper rail.
1661454944157.png

But the constraints for the spacers just won't accept an edge to reapply the fastener constraint. Only coincident and angle are available, and neither of them are appropriate for this mate.
1661454890165.png

RocketNut

Alibre Super User

HaroldL

Yes, I agree big time, but can not log into support for some reason.:mad::mad: Can someone from contact me please.

What gets me is seems to have something to do with the boolean function. I have done this boolean operation a thousand times in the past, so why is it going this now? Could be a bug in the new version 25?

FYI:
Have finally been able to log into support. Is there a way to check the status of my support tickets?

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You do not 'log on' to support - just use the submission form at https://support.alibre.com/s/ or send e-mail to 'support' at alibre.com

Currently there is not a way for you to check ticket status - but that is being worked on.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Check the 'Simplify' box in the Loft feature of the 2mm insert Boolean tool, that will resolve the problem.

Note that the edge resulting from the Boolean subtract reports a length rather than a diameter when measured - the constraint tool doesn't recognise it as a true circle. Using simplify in the loft gives a true circle edge in Boolean result (which reports a diameter when measured).

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
The problem was the way I drew the M2 Threaded Insert Boolean Tool. I used the Loft function which caused the constraint go south. Using a Revolve function the constraints work perfectly.