What's new

Associativity bug

MilesH

Alibre Super User
I's be grateful if someone could check this.

- Create a "Shape" figure in a Sketch.

- Project the figure to a new Sketch, choosing the Maintain Associativity option.

There is no Associativity.......... :roll:

Kyle

Associativity is maintained for true primitives that are in the sketch and not for composite sketches such as shapes, sectioned topology, or sketch text.

The bug here is that you are able to select maintain association when selecting just a shape & sketch text, or at least not given a warning indicating that association will be not be maintained.

If you create a sketch that consists of say just a line segment and both a shape. Now do a project to sketch of the entire sketch and select maintain association. You will see the warning dialog that the shapes association will not be maintained as shown in the below attached image.

Thank you for pointing out the issue. I have logged this with development.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 257

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Thanks Kyle.

I did think that the bug was that Associativity was mistakenly "available".

Is there a fundamental reason why the face of a solid created via a Composite can maintain Associativity when Projected yet, the Composite itself can't?

Just for the record, if a Sketch containing the Composite is selected for Projection from the Design Explorer, the Associativity option is not available.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Would it not be better to keep association to every feature projected? What purpose would we need to only have basic solids to maintain association?

Sorta like saying only the train engine needs to stay on the track. The cars are link to the engine yet if the track is moved from it's current position the engine is the only part of the train that will stay on the tracks but the rest will simple derail. No problem there :(