What's new

Atom3d drawing mode has no offset tool

PAndrade

The modeling side of this software has the offset tool but not when in drawing sketch mode. Is this one of the options not found in this version? Is there another way of offsetting figures similar to what is found in modeling?

Thanks,
Peter

PAndrade

What you're showing is when modeling and in sketch mode there is the offset function but when in drawing mode a sketch there is not.

NoOffsetAtom3d.GIF

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Peter,
this is a picture from Alibre Design Expert in 2D drawing mode:
upload_2019-2-2_10-15-57.png
In comparision to your picture offset (German:Skizzenversatz) seems to be not included in Atom3D...

For which purpose do you want to use offset in drawing mode?

Regards
Stefan

PAndrade

Thank you for your reply Stefan. Please see attached. I would like to offset the outside lines of this drawing .5 inches inward so that all are concentric. I'm sure I can do this manually and set a dimension but with offset it was much easier.

Regards,
Peter

Attachments

• Console Top.GIF
    Console Top.GIF
    199.5 KB · Views: 7

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Peter,

are the lines you want to create are edges of the body:

upload_2019-2-2_12-2-19.png

or are they for production information like this area has to be lacquered or polished?

upload_2019-2-2_12-5-26.png

If they are part of your design body it makes more sense to create the part in 3D workspace and let AlibreDesign create the drawing for you.

Regards
Stefan

PAndrade

They are part of my design as you've accurately shown in your first pic.. I guess I wanted a DXF file that would be easier for me to CNC machine using CAMBAM. I know I can do this in 3D mode and export as a stl file into CAMBAM but thought it would be easier with a flat design.
This is a learning process for me and I'm not sure on the best approach.
Thank you,
Peter

PAndrade

Since I would prefer to have this modeled and not drawn(DXF) maybe I should focus on CAMBAM to see how this can be machined as a 3d model even though its really 2.5D.
Lots to learn....