What's new

Aurora design sunderland

maffw

*waves* Occasionally I just lurk around here but thought I'd post & add to the UK contingent.

Shame about Digitise they seemed OK when we bought Alibre earlier this year and answered email enquiries for us quite promptly.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
Well, except maybe you wouldn't have to put up with rambunctious Wisconsin guys like Mike and I. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been out sick all weekend & needed a good laugh, thanks dude! :mrgreen:

Yeah, other than spelling "color" and "favorite" with a few extra U's I don't see any difference in Alibre's user base. And this coming from a guy who drinks out of bubblers, cuts pizza into squares, and celebrates every day that begins without snow.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
I think there is only one insignificant difference: The steering wheel in the car... :lol:
But that is not important here in this Alibre forum. :D

Miles please apologize :mrgreen:

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Yes, here the only thing that's important is which way your zoom wheel rotates :mrgreen:

Don't mention the metric system :lol:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
My zoom wheel rotates both ways. If your doesn't you might have something stuck in there. :mrgreen: I've even used a mouse that it would tip side to side.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
My zoom wheel rotates both ways. If your doesn't you might have something stuck in there. :mrgreen: I've even used a mouse that it would tip side to side.
Thanks, Nate, just found the reverse gear...

My zoom wheel tilts, too, for tackling those curves at speed...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
wathavy4 said:
I used to wiped wind shield every time I turn on flasher with BMW. :mrgreen:

...certainly a "flasher" mistake... :lol:

Attachments

• car-flsher.jpg
    car-flsher.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 81

BernardK

Alibre Super User
Andy said:
Just a thought, any of you think it is worth starting a UK forum page?

It may be useful for the incoming agent to know how best to serve the UK community. From my perspective, I get all the technical info I need from the forum, and, in principle, I can purchase directly from the US. I'm not sure what else I would need from a UK agent. From Alibre's perspective, a UK agent could actively market the product in term's of advertising, demonstrations, trade shows, training etc, but this would be expensive and the profit margin may not support this.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Regards
BernardK

craneaero

My current maintenance expires on 20th November. I would normally renew with Digitise.
Can I renew maintenance directly with Alibre in the interim ?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
My girlfriend has a Mazda 626 (auto on the floor) and I drive a Ford Taurus (auto on the steering column). Every time I have driven her car I accidentally spray the window washer fluid back when I go to put it in a different gear. I used to drive a Nissan Stanza (auto on the floor) but it has just become instinct to reach up after driving a Taurus so long.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
5-speed stick on my '98 Chevy S-Dime, Nate :)

Puts the fun back into driving 8)

Only thing that sucks is the synchro for 5th gear is on its way out. Every now and then I'll let up on the throttle and watch the shifter flip itself into neutral

indesign

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
My girlfriend has a Mazda 626 (auto on the floor) and I drive a Ford Taurus (auto on the steering column). Every time I have driven her car I accidentally spray the window washer fluid back when I go to put it in a different gear. I used to drive a Nissan Stanza (auto on the floor) but it has just become instinct to reach up after driving a Taurus so long.

I use to do service support for Jungner cnc grinders. Traveled at least every other week. Those stupid rentals never had the knobs in the same location. What's worse is after 3 cars in one week not being able to remember what car you were driving when you came out of a store! Had to look at the key chain (those inteligent people always put the color, make and model on them).