What's new

Auto Constraint

DBC

I am just attempting to make a simple fully constrained, dimension driven cabinet and I am wondering if there is a setting to turn on automatic constraints.

In the first image I have selected the top of the side panel as the surface I want to work on.
In the second image I am activating the sketch tool and selecting the rectangle tool.
In the third image I want the first point of the rectangle to snap or automatically coincident constrain to the corner of the panel. Is this possible? I know I can use colinear constraints after initial placement, but that seems excessive.

Attachments

• Screen-0003.jpg
    Screen-0003.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen-0004.jpg
    Screen-0004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen-0005.jpg
    Screen-0005.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 18

idslk

Alibre Super User
Before you activate the rectangle tool, you can projekt to sketch the entities which you want for reference or sketch in your new sketch.

upload_2019-6-20_11-56-33.png

try and play...

Mika

In "project to sketch" there is a tickbox for "maitain association to source entity". Is there a possibilty to get something similar when I offset sketch lines? Autodimension and constrain to offset line?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
In "project to sketch" there is a tickbox for "maitain association to source entity". Is there a possibilty to get something similar when I offset sketch lines? Autodimension and constrain to offset line?

Not yet.

Drutort

I think I'd be more than happy with just getting lines auto-constrained as Parallel and arcs as Concentric for starters

lets not forget tangent, you know those radii with lines... they tend to go haywire crazy if you do not have the constraints

I really wish for simple auto constraint button, possibly to have check marks to select which ones you would like done, just in case we have issues in a sketch that we do not get the desired result

Also set a +- tolerance for the degrees to consider for parallel, horizontal, vertical, perpendicular