What's new

Automatic Title Blocks

I'm very glad that Alibre is now (finally) able to automatically pull part property data into title blocks. However, I seem to have a little problem, which I'm sure is caused by a simple oversight on my part.

I am using my part number for the file name (part name). When I pull the "part name" into my title block, it is displaying as the file name followed by the Vault ID number in parentheses. Is there any way to get rid of the Vault ID number displaying here?

Hope that makes sense.

-Bernard

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you are finding it useful! The easiest way to do this is to simply enter in the Part Number data in the Part Number field (in addition to naming the part after it if that's how you like to name your parts) and use the Part Number Field instead of Part Name. Part Name really refers here to the Part File Name, which in the Vault will contain the Vault ID.

Max,

Thanks for your reply, but I specifically do not want to do that as it just creates additional house keeping steps.

The reason I want to use the part file name as the part number is so that I don't, for example, have 50 parts called "bracket". It also saves me time and potential errors if I only have to rename a part in one place when I copy files. Since we only have limited time to work on Alibre and are always on really tight deadlines, we need to automate as much of this house keeping as possible.

I did notice that the part file name is displayed without the Vault ID when that field (part name) is used in BOM's. What's the explanation for that?

Thanks,

-Bernard