What's new

Automatic update of licence information failed for 5 days

MKR

I now get this message when i start GM.
"Automatic update of licence failed for 5 days due to offline."

Any one know this message? My computer is online, writing this on it :?

/Michael

Date: 15. juli 2015 07:57:52
Geomagic Design™
Geomagic Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 16,0,2,16496 ] 64-bit

ACISUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
DXUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
DCMUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
DWGUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
ROSEUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
PDFPublishUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
SMACISContextServer_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
OpenNurbsUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]
GDIPlusUtils_x64.dll[Version:16.0.2.16496]

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I get this a lot. What I've found is that your internet connection must be established before your start GD. Since I use my cellphone as a modem I pretty much only connect to the internet when I need to browse/email/etc and GD won't update the license status if the connection is after while GD is already running.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You are running an earlier version of GD (according to your signature). Some improvements to the code handling the 'phone home' were reportedly made in v17.

If you happen to be running WinXP still, there are additional problems with the 'phone home'.

MKR

Hello bigseb and DavidJ

Thank you for your reply

I think I know what is wront.
Last week I cloned the harddrive to an SSD drive. Every thing has been working as before but maybe GM dont like that.

I have been looking in my mails for an activation code, but cant find it. Not sure I ever got one?

Attachments

• 2015-07-15 09_51_52-Geomagic License Utility.png
    2015-07-15 09_51_52-Geomagic License Utility.png
    191 KB · Views: 5
  • 2015-07-15 09_52_19-Geomagic License Utility.png
    2015-07-15 09_52_19-Geomagic License Utility.png
    191 KB · Views: 6
  • 2015-07-15 09_53_28-Geomagic License Utility.png
    2015-07-15 09_53_28-Geomagic License Utility.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 8

MKR

I found a solution :D

swapped new SSD with old HD.
started GM and unsigned the license.
reinserted new SSD and started GM

now all is back to normal :D

Thank you for your replys, it allways seem to help discussing these problems with someone :mrgreen:

/Michael

bigseb

Alibre Super User
MKR said:
I found a solution :D

swapped new SSD with old HD.
started GM and unsigned the license.
reinserted new SSD and started GM

now all is back to normal :D

Thank you for your replys, it allways seem to help discussing these problems with someone :mrgreen:

/Michael

lol... it never occurred to me that it might something as simple as deactivating the license first.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
MKR - you must have got an activation code at some point, or the software would only work for 15 days trial.

If you can't locate the code (would have been sent by e-mail), whoever you bought the software from (Geomagic or reseller) should be able to find the code for you. As Seb mentioned, 3dsystems@flexnetoperations.com may be able to help. You should be able to find the first 12 characters of 16 from the licensing utility, including these in your request should verify your entitlement if there is any question.

MKR

DavidJ said:
MKR - you must have got an activation code at some point, or the software would only work for 15 days trial.

If you can't locate the code (would have been sent by e-mail), whoever you bought the software from (Geomagic or reseller) should be able to find the code for you. As Seb mentioned, 3dsystems@flexnetoperations.com may be able to help. You should be able to find the first 12 characters of 16 from the licensing utility, including these in your request should verify your entitlement if there is any question.

Hello DavidJ

Followed your suggestion and fund the first characters in my license.
I used these to search in my mail, and found a 18 month old mail from 3Dsystem with my code in it.

Thank you :D

/Michael