Is there a way to ba ck version between versions

Work PC
Geomagic Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 16,0,0,16407 ] 64-bit

Home PC
Geomagic Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 15,0,2,15088 ] 64-bit

Andrew

JST

Alibre Super User
And, if you think about it, it would be very difficult to do.

A new version introduces a new type feature, or constraint, attribute, etc. What do you do with it in an old version?

If you ignore it, the assembly will likely make nearly no sense. The items of new type which you might want to see or that are constrained to, etc, do not have any existence in the old version. how do you describe them when there is no means to do so?

How do you describe "red" to a person who has always been blind? It is the same problem. Any solutions would have to be unique to the feature.

Now, IF this was taken account of when the new feature was added, THEN possibly a translator equivalent could be created that could at least "stand in for" the new feature might be devised. Even that might be almost impossible for certain items. And, the time for creating any such thing for any old versions is long past.

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
"Deconstructing" a "Part" through the API routines to examine the tree (using Wizoscript? 8) ) is plausible. The Part components saved to a file could then be reconstructed in the older version.

Plausible, if not a lot of initial programming effort (for I). The routine would be nice to have for other uses (another form of backup or even feature cleanup or restoration).

If it were available, at some point I would go back to a (the) version that a cam profile appeared to briefly be functional :eek: .

The "nice" thing about so few new features are that there are not much extended components to weed out :roll: .

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
... and of course, if you have the disassembled features of a part, it is also plausible to reassemble those features into other CAD software as well. Maybe better (or at least customizable) than some of the so-called compatible import options. Fraught with peril I suppose or it (at least the basics) would be done already :) .

ajayre

Alibre Super User
RCH_Projects said:
(I remember that some Alibre API tutorial or API example exists that loops through the features).

AFAICS the API doesn't support all part features that are possible in the user interface, so this approach would only work on some parts, not all.