What's new

balloon callouts wont display, V9 upgrade

cdub

balloon callouts wont display, V9 upgrade

Recently upgraded to V9 -

So I insert my BOM into the drawing, and the callout button becomes active.

I select the callout tool, and then try to apply a callout (pick part, then pick to place balloon). The bounding box of the view enlarges as if the balloon has been placed, but nothing shows up!

Worse, I open drawings done in V8.2 that had balloons, and they are gone!

Is anyone else seeing this?

siggy

I just confirmed that all is working on my v9.0 installation. I wonder if somehow your callout size and font size got set to zero on the Annotation properties page (File -> Properties -> Annotations) or something?

One irritating bug that apparently didn't get fixed in 9.0 relating to BOMs, though. You have two options of enabling the BOM callout tool: You can insert a BOM into your drawing or you can link a stand alone BOM to a drawing. All works perfectly if you insert the BOM. However, if you link the BOM you can place your callouts normally but the next time you open that drawing the BOM will be unlinked and all of your callouts will be showing red meaning that they are in error. You then have to go back and re-link the BOM in order to get your callouts back to normal and updated to the BOM. Not really that hard to do but very irritating to have to do those extra steps every single time you open the drawing.

Robert

cdub

update

Ok, so I restarted my machine, and my balloons came back. That was a bit weird. They also came back in the older drawing I opened.

The only thing wrong now, is that the drawing file I created seems to be broken. When I open it, I'm told that the drawing needs to be updated. If I do so, I can only view a single sheet (the last one) of the three. I can not get the other sheets to come up.

So, I tried reopening, and not updating the drawing. The other sheets come up fine....

Anyway, I can't recreate the problem with another drawing file, so I deleted that one and started over.

Things seem to be ok now, just really slow.

Thank you for the pointers.

siggy

I just had to enter a support incident on this. I have several drawings created in v8.2 that when opened under v9.0 will throw a "null" error and then continue to open. Once opened, I can only access a single sheet in the multi sheet drawing.

Robert

siggy

I just got a response from Alibre support on the missing sheets in 2D drawings issue. They provided me a "ZAP Pack" to install, which resolves this problem. If you run into this I'm sure they will send the fix to you as well if you enter a support incident requesting it.

Robert