What's new

Basic issues

I'm so glad you guys are here! I'm glad the yanks bought it back from 3D systems!:cool: Fusion 360 creeps me out!!!!

When I'm doing a basic 2d drawing it gives me nothing to move the drawing into a usable position (22 inch monitor). I end up having to push it around by bulldozing it into a use able position.
16 gig of ram quad core i5 nothing but Alibre on the machine. This isn't my first Alibre rodeo but it has been several years Appreciate your help!!!

I have another question about constraints and I need some kind of help on file management (that has aaaaaalways terrified me)! I'm thinking that would be better in separate post??

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Really am not sure what you are asking...

We need more of a clue to understand what the problem is...

I'm so glad you guys are here! I'm glad the yanks bought it back from 3D systems!:cool: Fusion 360 creeps me out!!!!

When I'm doing a basic 2d drawing it gives me nothing to move the drawing into a usable position (22 inch monitor). I end up having to push it around by bulldozing it into a use able position.
16 gig of ram quad core i5 nothing but Alibre on the machine. This isn't my first Alibre rodeo but it has been several years Appreciate your help!!!

I have another question about constraints and I need some kind of help on file management (that has aaaaaalways terrified me)! I'm thinking that would be better in separate post??
When I'm sketching in 2D the drawing periodically moves around or grows to the point that i need to move it to a new position. Some times i can move it and sometimes not!! I can always hold the two mouse keys down and roll it around. Sometimes however i simply can't single push the left mouse button and move it. I end up scrolling in different positions to get i can again work on it!!

Now this is my first experience with Windows in 10 or 12 years. nothig but linu I mention that because the first day i ran it, windows notified me that they got my USB keyboard "set up". i am having troubles doing fillets. i go to do one, pick the sides to get filleted but it greys out the "apply" button Then a minute or two later it is happy.

my system is refurbed by a "professional microsoft trained' 16 gig of RAM (i say that sismply because sometimes if I wait a little bit then the problems go away as it it was running out of ram) nothing but Linux till now!!! Also need help with changing the orientation of a part when I bring it into the assembly.

Thaks for your help!!!!!!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Here's a video that describes how to Pan, Zoom and Rotate the view in Alibre. Although the video shows an assembly the commands work the same in all modeling workspaces, even if you are in sketch mode of a part workspace.

There are more videos on the Alibre Training Center web page where you can select the version of Alibre you are working with.

The issue of the Fillet tool not activating when the two lines are selected can be corrected by increasing the length of the lines or reducing the fillet radius. The tool will not become active if the radius is too large or the lines too short. There needs to be space for the fillet arc to be created.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
To orient parts in an assembly you can use 'free rotate' (Shift + Drag) to get things somewhere near.

Assembly constraints are the most effective tool for this - often helps to 'show reference geometry' of the part, so that can be used for constraining.