What's new

BOM Lengths

dammerel

Hi all,
The above works well if the depth is entered but if you allow the depth type to be "to geometry" then its wont work
any clues on how to handle this ?

Andrew

Ralf

Alibre Super User
dammerel said:
Hi all,
The above works well if the depth is entered but if you allow the depth type to be "to geometry" then its wont work
any clues on how to handle this ?

Andrew

In this case -> Magic crystal ball :lol:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Also an additional plane works pretty good with a real "Parameter"

-> Insert a new plane in a defined distance
-> Extrude Boss -> To Geometry -> now you can select the plane
-> The Equation Editor has the defined distance as a value
-> This "Parameter/Value" can be used within the BOM

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
I have requested Alibre include "Reference Dimensions" that will allow you to create a dimension that is not a driving dimension, yet is included in the Equation Editor, and hence the BOM.

A simple checkbox in the Dimension Properties for that dimension, that will include the dimension in the Equation Editor, so you can name it and have it be included in your BOM.

That would greatly increase the usefulness of Alibre in outputting dimensions to Cutlists, via the BOM. Any dimension that is created by referencing another part currently can not be used,
whether in a part or assembly. Projected Geometry is useless if you need to output the dimension via the BOM. Hopefully if enough people mention this problem, we could get such a feature included.

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
I guess so, if you read it over many times. (Did not find that one in my search)

Please vote for either so we get this feature added to Alibre.