What's new

BOM

JL82

I have the assembly (X1) with two sub-assemblies (X12 and X13). The subassembly (X12) includes parts (X123 and X124) and I set "Treat as part in BOM when used us a subassembly" enable because I want to add BOM to the drawing of the assembly (X1). There should be document numbers of the subassembly (X12 and X12) on assembly drawing (X1).

Do I get the BOM list of the parts for manufacturing if "Treat as part in BOM when used us a subassembly" is enable?

Attachments

• assembly.JPG
    assembly.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 12

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
'Treat as Part' causes the sub-assembly to appear as a single item in BoM of the Parent Assembly. You can override this behaviour using the Summary BoM function (see section in the Help file, it is explained quite well). You might want to use the Summary function when preparing for purchasing (for example) if the sub-assembly is made in house.

JL82

DavidJ said:
'Treat as Part' causes the sub-assembly to appear as a single item in BoM of the Parent Assembly. You can override this behaviour using the Summary BoM function (see section in the Help file, it is explained quite well). You might want to use the Summary function when preparing for purchasing (for example) if the sub-assembly is made in house.

Thanks David!

Idahoan

Perfect timing, I was having trouble with my assembly not showing my two subs but all the individual parts. I had accidentally clicked the summary tool yesterday, problem solved!

Thanks,
Dave