What's new

Boolean mirror?

sz0k30

Just for fun, trying to create a 3D frame of a vehicle. The Tracing Image I found in a Chassis Service Manual. Impossible to make from scratch. Accuracy is close enough. And please don’t make too much of the non-existing sketch dimensions & constraints. For what I am trying to do, it seems to work.

Attached are 5 part files. A made them in sequence (pretty sure).
FRAME-1: is the same Tracing Image on 2 planes used to create 2 sketches & extrusions (Top & Side).
FRAME-2: I think is a save as of FRAME-1 with a wider extrusion.
FRAME-3: I think is a save as of FRAME-1.
FRAME-4: I think is a save as of FRAME-3 with a boolean intersect of FRAME-2. (RH frame rail)
FRAME-5: I wanted to be a mirror of FRAME-4. (LH frame rail)

I did these a while ago forgot exactly how and now I am confused by how I got FRAME-5? I don’t think it was a save as of FRAME-4. If I started with a brand new file, how did FRAME-4 get there? You can't import into a part file. And why is a mirror the only feature?

I'm open to ideas & suggestions. Thanks.

Attachments

• FRAME-1.AD_PRT
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • FRAME-2.AD_PRT
    668.5 KB · Views: 2
  • FRAME-3.AD_PRT
    577.5 KB · Views: 2
  • FRAME-4.AD_PRT
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • FRAME-5.AD_PRT
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It looks like what you have here is real conundrum. It appears as if you created a Boolean Unite then mirrored the result. But IF you had deleted any steps/features before the Mirror Part in Part 5 then the part would fail since its history would be missing.

Do you recall exporting the part as an IGES or STEP file at some point and importing that?

This is something that Support may have to help you with.