What's new

Break out stops hole call out from working?

Hi all,

I'm putting a drawing together and have used a break out to dimension some holes from another hole.
I came to use the hole call out and it's missing in that view. I redid the view, without a break out section, and I get the hole call out. Anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 14

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Hole callouts display on the face that the hole is formed from - I'm not clear exactly what you believe to be not working.... all 3 views have callouts.

I didn't realise it was only on the face the hole starts from. So if the view is the other way up, ie where the hole exits the part you don't get a hole call out option?

So in my views I have manually added the diameter and 2x. That's the view on the left. The view on the right is using the hole call out.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Well it does help if you show the issue that you are describing. Disguising it only confuses.

Just did a quick test - through holes do get the callout on 'start face' and 'end face'.

I've done some more testing and the drawing I had an issue with is a multi part drawing. So each view is made using the assembly and the parts I didn't want are hidden. I've then started again and done an individual drawing of the part and the issue isn't there. I've screen recorded both situations.

Attachments

• SINGLE PART DRAWING.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • MULTI PART DRAWING.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 0