What's new

Brocken sub assy

steved

Brocken sub assy

I have a sub assembly that is ok until I insert it into my top level assembly, at which point one of the parts appears broken, any suggestion's would be appreciated.

All the parts have been fully regenerated and are free from errors.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• NCS200X-ASSY-C.jpg
    NCS200X-ASSY-C.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3,850
  • NCS200X-ASSY-2.jpg
    NCS200X-ASSY-2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 3,853

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

The only time I saw anythinhg like this is where there is another coincident part showing through the surface...

What happens if you hide the parts except for the "broken" sub assembly?

rekn

Hallo Steve,

I noticed a similar situation - but only one time - it seems to be a rare phenomena. In my case the assembly was shown correctly after changing the file / properties / display / min segments from 18 to something different (17) even if i changed it back to the previous adjustment. After storing the file all was working well.

Regards, Reinhold

steved

Broken sub assy

Hi Moyesboy

In this particular instance the problem sub assy was brought into the new assy first, the tubular part is ok if I hide the helical feature, what is even more unuaual is that I had the same problem some weeks ago and cured it by rebuilding the top level assy, only to have it reappear.

Cheers

Steve

indesign

Alibre Super User

Had it happen one time and restarting the computer fixed it. I think something glitched in the graphics card.

Try opening on another system.

rekn

In my case the behavior is reproducible on different systems. Because the faces are displayed well after changing the segment count and back again, i do not believe that this is a display driver problem.
Regards, Reinhold

I had the same experience with this double spiral. It was suddenly corrupted when I upgraded to version 8.2 I will ask Alibre Support for comment.

32613322045.jpg