What's new

Broken color assignments?

GaretDH

I've been noticing more and more little buggy things recently. This one has to do with part color. The attached part changes color when I pull it into an assembly. Original part color, etc. don't have anything to do with it. No matter what I do to the colors it always pulls into an assembly differently.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• LowerLiner.AD_PRT
    278 KB · Views: 6
Garet,

Right-click on the assembly in the design explorer. You have somehow reset it to use assembly colors rather than use part colors. I am not sure where the "global" setting is for this.

GaretDH

Did that. Ended up with a part where fillets and secondary features where default color, but the body itself was that yellow. Are you seeing the issue if you pull it into an assembly?

GaretDH said:
Did that. Ended up with a part where fillets and secondary features where default color, but the body itself was that yellow. Are you seeing the issue if you pull it into an assembly?
I only see part features colored differently from the part if I did that intentionally in the part model. Otherwise, with my default setting (which I would be hard pressed to find today), parts come into an assembly with whatever color properties I assigned them in the part model.

GaretDH

I could swear I tried all the possible settings. I'll have another look when I'm back at that machine in the morning.

Thanks