What's new

Bug reports without Outhouse Excuse

steveastro

Is there any way to stop the bug reporting service trying to use Outlook ? We don't permit its use in-house.

Steve

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Steve,

You can go to:
- Start
- Default Programs
- Set program access and computer defaults
- Custom
-

Attachments

• Defaults-1.jpg
    Defaults-1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 71

steveastro

ralf3 said:
Hi Steve,

You can go to:
- Start
- Default Programs
- Custom
-

Thanks for the lesson in basic Windows....
Yes, for everything else, my system defaults to MY defaults automatically, Alibre, nope.

Steve

ralf3 said:
Hi Steve,

You can go to:
- Start
- Default Programs
- Custom
-

Ralf -- this does NOT work for Alibre. They default to both Outlook and Internet Destroyer regardless of the system settings!

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Wikipedia -> may help in this matter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Error_Reporting

Windows Error Reporting (WER) (codenamed Watson) is a technology introduced by Microsoft with Windows XP [1] and included in later Windows versions and Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0. Not to be confused with the Dr. Watson debugging tool which left the memory dump on the user's local machine, Windows Error Reporting collects and offers to send post-error debug information (a memory dump) using the internet to the developer of an application that crashes or stops responding on a user's desktop. No data is sent without the user's consent. When a dump (or other error signature information) reaches the Microsoft server, it is analyzed and a solution is sent back to the user when one is available. Solutions are served using Windows Error Reporting Responses. Windows Error Reporting runs as a Windows service and can optionally be entirely disabled. If Windows Error Reporting itself crashes, then an error reports that the original crashed process cannot be sent.

Enable/Disable Error Reporting in Windows XP

Open Control Panel.
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Then click on the Advanced tab.
Click on the error-reporting button on the bottom of the windows.
Select Disable error reporting.
Click [OK] [OK]

or

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting
Modify/Create the Value Name according to the Value Data listed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: DoReport
Value Data: [0 = Don’t Send Reports / 1 = Do Send Reports]
Exit Registry and Reboot

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
On mine with XP it correctly sends with Mozilla Thunderbird. Perhaps it is because you don't have a compatible email application, or that application installed incorrectly.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Nate, If I understand the question right, Steve tries to stop bug reporting:
Is there any way to stop the bug reporting service trying to use Outlook ? We don't permit its use in-house.

Steve

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I know I was referring more to Lew's post about it not working at all. Note that I am on V12.1 yet so if this is a new problem I don't yet have it installed to confirm/deny.

NateLiqGrav said:
I know I was referring more to Lew's post about it not working at all. Note that I am on V12.1 yet so if this is a new problem I don't yet have it installed to confirm/deny.

Nate: I have Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird properly installed and defined under Windoze "Vista" (the not-ready for primetime anti-operating system). Alibre is the only program on my system that interferes with my set-up and calls BOTH Overlooked and Internet Destroyer! I then have to go back and disable these overrides to my configuration after they pollute my system.

-- And yes, I remember when Bill & Paul pirated BASIC from Dartmouth and how daddy Gates bought them out of "trouble."

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
It definitely sounds like a bug then. I'd suggest reporting it to Alibre. They may not have even had it reported yet.

Is this happening to anyone else as well? What os are effected? What versions of Alibre?