What's new

Bugs - where report

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Raise tickets on the support section of the Alibre web site.

Probably best one bug per ticket.

JST

Alibre Super User
That reporting page is WAY screwed up.

I went there, and registered, since it seemed to want that. I was NOT ASKED for a password at that time, so I did not set one up.

When I went to report a bug, I WAS asked for a password. Not having one, I did the reset forgotten password deal. The resulting emailed link sent me back to the same page again, several times.

Then, SOMEHOW, I have no idea how, I was sent to the report bug page, NEVER ENTERING A PASSWORD IN THE PROCESS.

So I filled out the report, and apparently it WAS accepted, since I got an email. But I never DID have to put in a password to get to the report page, and I still do not have one.

I did get to a page to CHANGE my password, but I would have had to enter it first, and since I do not have one, that was, shall we say, not very easy....... This entire deal has me really wondering about all the needed bug fixes and enhancements etc for Alibre.... I surely hope the programming folks are better at app programming than someone is at web pages......

The web page needs a support ticket turned in....!

JST

Alibre Super User
I got a nice little automated email with a "we'll get back to you in a day or so" message, after putting in the ticket.

Nothing happened after that. Nobody "got back to me".

I don't mind, but maybe the "we'll get back to you" should be removed, so folks will not be expecting something that the Alibre people are too busy to do.........

Actual message:

"We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 24 hours).
"

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It is the weekend - what was the ticket number ? ( I might be able to check status).

[EDIT - yep, your only support ticket (#593 Ordinate Dimensions) in the help desk system was responded to within 24 hrs]

JST

Alibre Super User
DavidJ said:
It is the weekend - what was the ticket number ? ( I might be able to check status).

[EDIT - yep, your only support ticket (#593 Ordinate Dimensions) in the help desk system was responded to within 24 hrs]

Really?

No clue WHERE they responded..... aside from the automated response.

Maybe it will trickle in later..... I have ATT mail, and it has been known to show up days later and be sitting there just as if it had been there all along.

JST

Alibre Super User
DavidJ said:
Maybe consider that before sounding off ?

NO!

Not accepted as a criticicsm.

This is NOT a usual thing to have happen. It is rare, has happened possibly 2 or three times in 10 years with emails that were expected and not received (it may happen other times when I am not expecting something, but I don't have a way to know that). I only considered or even recalled because you actually said it was sent. :roll:

With a new company, and new people, KNOWN to be busy.... too busy to even change the forum logo to the logo of the new company for weeks..... Seemed reasonable they might be longer responding. I even mentioned that and mentioned it was not a big deal, just that if they were not going to respond that fast, they might want to change the message.

JST said:

I don't mind, but maybe the "we'll get back to you" should be removed, so folks will not be expecting something that the Alibre people are too busy to do.........
"

Now, if I was jumping up and down yelling, the way many OTHERS have done without ANY comment from you, that might have been a valid response.

But, since I did NOT do that, AND since I have consistently defended the program over the last couple years (and have been nearly the only one while everyone else screamed and whined about 3D Sys), I'd suggest you modify your comments and consider that before making comments.

Plista

Raise tickets on the support section of the Alibre web site.

Probably best one bug per ticket.
After reporting an Incident, an e.mail is sent automatically with a ticket number, but unfortunately the landing page to check the status of the reported ricket is missing in the e-mail. I understand that the landing page to report a ticket is https://support.alibre.com/s/ , but I am missing the landing page to check the status of the reported incident, where am I lost?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Paolo, there currently isn't any such page - recreating it for the new ticket management system has taken longer than hoped for.