What's new

C-Channel Hole Questions

leeave96

C-Channel Hole Questions

Firstly - I have re-edited this post several times trying to get my file uploaded - I think I may have it this time!

Attached is the part I am having trouble with. It is a C channel (the solid I downloaded via the parts manager.

I extruded a couple of holes in it and then tried to mate the channel with an other part mating the hole - concentric with another part's hole. I get an error when I do this.

When I analyze the hole, it looks OK, but if I try, for example, to put an axis on the hole, it fails.

My question is - what's wrong with the hole that would cause it not to allow a concentric mate?

Thanks!
Bill

Thanks!
Bill

Attachments

• C-Channel Front.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 290

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Found the problem. Go back to your extrude operation in the c channel and instead of choosing the unidirectional through-all, choose the mid-plane option and make sure you make it where it goes beyond both surfaces by a good bit.

The align constraint then works.

It would seem that although it appeared to be OK, the one face that you sketched on was not getting cut through enough. I have seen this kind of thing before (not just in Alibre).